July 19, 2010

Okay, Okay, Quit Your Whining Already!

Most who read this here blog probably don't mind one way or the other when I go MIA; however, the one person I see on a consistent basis, the one person who knows what has been going on in my life, the one person who helped contribute to no post on Friday, is the ONE person who has been dishing out the most crap AND whining the most. So this post is for you my dear KLB (no hiding the "shout out" at the bottom this time).

I apologize for coming back on the 15th and then not posting for several days. I was a busy bee with KLB on Friday and when I told her I should write a post. . . SHE is the one that said I couldn't because we were finishing the decorative balls THAT night. **Side note. . . over the past month we have been making decorative balls and I am pretty sure I don't have to tell you the laughs that have been going around as we have talked about balls. It has been a good time.** Much to KLB's great pleasure we finished all but one of the decorative balls. I will be finishing those this week.

After we had a ball on Friday, I then had a couple couple fun days of completing the data entry for work. I over estimated my data entry skills when I said I would be back on the 15th. So sorry for that. Don't you worry though, KLB has your back and has been making me pay for the delay and I am pretty sure I will keep hearing about it for awhile longer.

The little snarky side of me really wanted to end this post after the first paragraph but I told the little snark to back off and decided to be nice and post this Creamy Italian Dressing that I told KLB I would share. Granted she doesn't need it any longer as I made some for her to take to her house. Oh, and I think I might mention that is the same Friday that I also fed her dinner and sent her home with leftovers. Don't you think all that kindness might have earned me a reprieve from her giving me grief over not posting?! Evidently not.

Anyway, this dressing is wonderful! The first time I made it I marinated the chicken as suggested in the Our Best Bites post linked below. PE then grilled the chicken. I sliced it up and we ate it wrapped in tortilla shells with lettuce and a little dressing. Yummy, yummy! We will be doing that again during this grilling season. Until then this dressing will be taking up permanent residence in my refrigerator which is evident from the glass jar with the "Creamy Italian Dressing" label on it. It will be used as salad dressing, vegetable marinade, vegetable dip, whatever we can think of--it really is that good.

**I was really trying to get this out so KLB could quit whining and giving me crap so if there are typos or poorly formed sentences I apologize.**

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Creamy Italian Dressing
from Our Best Bites
Print Recipe

1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (either fresh or from a can)
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning (add more if needed)

In a blender, combine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, salt, seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Blend. While blender is running, slowly add oil in a steady stream. Turn off blender and add Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Pulse blender 2-3 times to combine herbs and cheese.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

No comments:

Post a Comment