March 27, 2010

Ham & Potato Bake

I went out with A1, SS, SS's sister, and SS's other friend for SS's birthday last week. We ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant and then went to see The Bounty Hunter. I know that the critic buzz out there isn't very good for it but we all enjoyed it and laughed our bums off. While I was out with the girls, PE and the kids ate Ham & Potato Bake from the freezer meal swap. He and the kids all said it was delicious. I had some today for lunch and it was tasty up until I got a gooby bite of cream of mushroom soup. I use to love that stuff but since I haven't cooked with it for so long it was very strong and thick--not completely bad. I would eat it again but if I make it I will find a cream of mushroom substitute.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Ham & Potato Bake
from Freezer Meal Swap
Print Recipe

8 potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
shredded cheese
16 oz cubed fully cooked ham (approximately 2 cups)

Put potatoes in pot cover with water and cook until tender; drain. In a skillet saute onion, celery, and butter. Add to potatoes. Spray 2 qt baking dish. layer 1/2 potato mixture, 1/2 ham, sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture and ham. Spread soup and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

From frozen: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

No comments:

Post a Comment