January 7, 2010

Treats for PE's Work

Each year I try to make treats for the ladies at PE's work. They are always so friendly when I come in and they treat Bob like a king (Bug and Moo are treated like members of the high court) and I want to make sure they know I appreciate them. I was going to try something new this year but was informed that I HAD to make the Sticky Popcorn. They had already been asking PE when I was going to send it. Last year I sent Sticky Popcorn and the Holiday Party Mix so I felt like I needed to send two things so I made Sticky Popcorn and Microwave Caramel Corn.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Sticky Popcorn
from Sparky
Print Recipe

16 cups air-popped popcorn
1 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Sort popcorn. Combine butter, corn syrup, and sugar in heavy saucepan. Bring to soft ball stage. Add vanilla and pour over popcorn. Spread popcorn on wax paper to cool.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Microwave Caramel Corn
adapted from Your Homebased Mom
Print Recipe

16 cups air-popped popcorn (sorted to remove unpopped kernals)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1/2 cup butter

Cook sugar, syrup and butter in a glass bowl in microwave on high for one minute. Stir and repeat for a total of five minutes. Should be hot and bubble.

Add:
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla

Mix until foamy. Put popped corn into a brown grocery bag. Pour syrup into bag. Stir to coat. Fold bag over. Place in microwave and microwave for one minute and shake. Repeat. Microwave 30 seconds and shake. Repeat. Sprinkle with cinammon sugar if desired and shake again. Pour popcorn out to cool on wax paper.

**Melt white chocolate chips/almond bark AND/OR chocolate chips AND/OR peanut butter chips AND/OR butterscotch chips and drizzle over cooling popcorn. (White chocolate and butterscotch and chocolate chip & peanut butter.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

No comments:

Post a Comment