January 28, 2010

Meatballs & Bundles

Monday and Tuesday night we had freezer swap meals for dinner. They were both delicious. Monday we ate Salsa Meatballs over rice (I have requested the recipe) and Tuesday we ate Garlic Chicken Bundles (recipe below). Everyone (including Bob) enjoyed both meals. While I go to a lot of work to prepare the meals for the freezer swap it is worth it because I get such fabulous meals back. I sure hope my meals measure up in the eyes of my fellow swappers. As soon as I get the Salsa Meatballs recipe I will post the recipe (I sure hope I get that recipe, I will be VERY sad if I don't.)

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Garlic Chicken Bundles
from Taste of Home
Print Recipe

4 Tbsp soy sauce, divided
5 1/2 tsp cornstarch, divided
4 tsp minced garlic, divided
3/4 tsp sugar
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut inot 1/2-inch pieces
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1 head butter or iceberg lettuce, leaves separated

Combine 3 Tbsp soy sauce, 4 1/2 tsp cornstarch, 3 tsp garlic and sugar in a bowl; stir in chicken. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining cornstarch and soy sauce with water. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in hot wok or large skillet until hot. Add chicken and stir-fry 4 minutes; remove. Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add carrot and remaining garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add green onions; stir-fry 1 minute longer. Add soy sauce mixture and chicken; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in almonds and cilantro. To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture; wrap lettuce around filling and eat out of hand. Yield: 4-6 servings.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

No comments:

Post a Comment