January 26, 2010

Cookies for the Work Crew

So after last week and the death by chocolate cookies I thought I should redeem myself just a little bit. So this week I made Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Healthier, right?

Healthy or not these cookies were fabulous. It was all I could do to keep PE and Bob out of the dough. I would put the scoops of dough on the cookie sheet and those two bone heads would sneak and eat them. Oh well. I had plenty of cookies to take to work and they were well received.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
from The Sister's Cafe
Print Recipe

1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups white wheat flour
1 1/4 cups regular oats
1 1/4 cups quick oats
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients and then chocolate chips. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

No comments:

Post a Comment