December 5, 2009

If I Only Had a Little Flower Pot for the Center of the Bundt

I purchased some buttermilk while it was on sale and I wanted to get it used so I decided to make a cake. (Yes, I could have froze the buttermilk but I didn't want to since I have some from already frozen. We don't need the cake but boy is it tasty. I did give half of it to Cooking W. and her family so at least we won't eat the entire thing. I was sad to have the center sink but I am going to blame it on Bob and his cousin running around like crazies. Got a problem with that? I don't.

This cake is delectable. The caramel icing is delicious (not as high up there as the brown butter frosting but still high up there).

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Buttermilk Cake with Caramel Icing
from Taste and Tell
Print Recipe

1 cup butter, softened
2 1/3 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk

Icing
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup confectioners' sugar

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick). Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350F fro 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. For icing, in a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool for 5-10 minutes. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar. Drizzle over cake.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

If you don't get the title of the post then you are not a lover of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment