November 16, 2009

Three Words. . . Brown. Butter. Glaze.

I know I mentioned the Bananas and Cream Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Glaze in yesterday's National Bundt Day post. But I posted the post before making the cake which is just sad for you because I wasn't able to rave about the glaze. While I have several recipes for brown butter this and brown butter that, this is the first time I have made any of them which is just sad for me. Brown Butter Glaze is amazing. I could eat it on almost anything. Heck, I could eat it plain.

Before we ate the cake, I made dinner. We had grilled Marinated Chicken and Au Gratin Broccoli & Cauliflower. The Meat Marinade we used for the chicken has been a favorite in our family for years. The Au Gratin Broccoli & Cauliflower was a new side dish I decided to try.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Meat Marinade
from Sparky
Print Recipe

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp lemon
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
1/4 tsp pepper

Combine. Let meat marinate over night. Great for chicken, steaks and stir fry meat.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Au Gratin Broccoli and Cauliflower
adapted from The Sister's Cafe
Print Recipe

16 oz frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
1/2 cup mock-mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
1 Tbsp sweet hot mustard
2 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350. Stir together mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, minced onion, minced garlic, and mustard; set aside. Cover and steam florets 6-8 minutes until crisp tender. Drain well. Arrange florets in baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture over florets. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Then we ate cake. Today. . .the cake is now gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment