October 18, 2009

Mmmmm, Mexican Food

We ate the Enchiladas I made the other day. I served it with Mexican Sour Cream Rice from the menu plan--slowly checking off each menu item.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Mexican Sour Cream Rice
from Taste of Home Cooking
Print Recipe

1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chile peppers
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese of monterey jack cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
salt and ground black pepper to taste

In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. In the pot with the cooked rice, mix the sour cream, green chile peppers, 1/2 cup cheese, and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

The English Muffin Bread turned out great as toast served with eggs. Yum!

We picked up more whipping cream and I am going to make more butter. I am going to measure it into 1/2 and 1/3 cup blocks and freeze them so I will have premeasured blocks like when you purchase it in the store. No need to tell me, yes, I know, I am a bit lame. I have other qualities that make up for this. Can't think of any right now, but I know I have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment