September 27, 2009

A Bunch of This

For dinner we had grilled chicken marinated in this. Delicious. Our favorite marinades are this for steak and pork chops and this for chicken and fish. If you aren't looking for a marinade but a good seasoning mix these are wonderful. . .especially the one for fish.

I served spaghetti squash cooked in the slow cooker and Crescent Rolls (recipe below) with the chicken. Everything was delicious and you don't have to just take my word for it. . .I think the fact that PE ate eight (yes, eight) rolls is proof enough.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Crescent Rolls
from Cooking During Stolen Moments
Print Recipe

1 Tbsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter, softened and cut into chunks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 to 6 1/2 cups flour

Dissolve the yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Add the milk, butter pieces, sugar, potato flakes, eggs and salt to the bowl. Stir just to combine. Add three cups of flour and mix well; stirring until smooth. Add as much of the remaining flour as possible until a stiff dough forms. Knead a few times or mix with a dough hook for an additional minute. Cover dough and let rise for 15 minutes. Divide dough in half and roll each half into a circle about 1/2 inch thick or a little less. Cut each circle into evenly-sized wedges, about 16-18 each. Roll the wedges of dough from the wide end to the point. Curve ends slightly and place on a cookie sheet. Cover and let rise one hour. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. The cooked rolls can be frozen and thawed in a few hours on the counter. Or the rolls can be frozen before the second rising.

++I used one of these to roll out the dough--I highly recommend adding one of these to your arsenal of baking tools. This is what we use for pizza and breadsticks and it REALLY helps me get correct shape and dough thickness uniformity.

++The dough stuck a little to the counter top and this made easy work of scraping it off the counter while preserving the triangular shape of the dough.

++I baked one batch and froze the other.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I found out from Moo what she wants to eat for her birthday. With her steak I am going to serve Hasselback Potatoes, a steamed vegetable, and the Crescent Rolls I have frozen. For her cake she wants a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I will post the recipes after I make them. Since I usually hang out with KLB on Wednesdays I have informed her that she will be joining us at our house instead. We will eat dinner and then have our girls night with SYTYCD and Glee (the boys will get the pleasure of our company while the happily watch with us).

Well for now that is all. There may be a dessert recipe later tonight or tomorrow, I have a sweet tooth but not much of an urge to make anything; we will see which one wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment