August 28, 2009

Weekend Plans

I have a full weekend of cooking/baking planned and I am excited. As much as I hate to admit it, I think I am a nicer person when I have my cooking/baking days. The "nicer person" is contingent on one condition. . . my cooking/baking CANNOT culminate with guests. I am not a hostess with the mostest. I get all uptight and irritable when I cook/bake all day and then have company come over. Part of it is because I am worried about everything turning out. Another part of it comes from having too much going on with too many people. Then there is the last part. . . I am my mother's daughter. She knows it, I know it, and it's okay.

Onto the food (For an anything goes blog, it sure has a lot of food.)

To start, PE and I started some marinara sauce (using fresh tomatoes from the garden). The marinara will have meat added to it and we will serve it over spaghetti squash (also fresh from the garden) tomorrow for dinner.

Tomorrow while Hunting W. is out trying to get a deer with his bow (Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. . . nun chuck skills, bow hunting skills. . .) Oh yeah, I never did mention that he did get his elk last week. The best thing that will come from that is the jerky Hunting W. will make from the elk roasts. Anyway, while he is gone tomorrow I will be prepping various items to help make meal prep easier during the week.

I am going to make the following:
Potato gnocchi for Gnocchi with Summer Vegetables
Yellow squash puree for Yellow Squash Puree Macaroni and Cheese
Magic Mix also for the Yellow Squash Puree Macaroni and Cheese (it will also be used for other recipes)
Marinade and spice mix for Blackened Chicken Salad

I am also going to make cornbread with my freshly ground corn meal courtesy of my fabulous sister. I also want to make some more baked goods (bread, cupcakes, muffins, etc.) with the two large zucchini I mooched from my sister. I REALLY want to make Red Velvet Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting; however, Bob's birthday is Monday and he would like a "white cake with white frosting colored blue" which I am definitely going to make. So there really isn't much of a reason to make the cupcakes other than for the simple reason that I want to because I never have. The good thing about a lot of baked items. . . they can be frozen and still taste wonderful. So if I really want to, I can bake them all and then freeze them.

Other meals I plan on making this week are Crock-Pot Rotisserie Chicken, Ham Fried Rice, Broiled Zucchini with Cheese, Squash Casserole, Grilled Pizza, Steamed Broccoli with Lime Dressing, Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken, Easy Summer Squash, and some version of waffles for Bob on his birthday. I will definitely be sharing all of the recipes once I make them (hopefully I get everything made

I sort of like being a tease and that is why I tell you about all the deliciousness to come, yet I don't share a single recipe. All in good time.

Have a great Friday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment